No design wall in my southern home, but I took a picture of my latest scrap project. I had stitched the blocks together in one direction, and the seams are pressed, and it is pinned, ready to sew the remaining seams in the top together.
The pattern is called Pinwheels on Parade, and found in one of the Nickle Quilt books. My plan was to sew from my bins of precuts. The centre of this quilt was made from 5 inch squares. I had separated all the batik squares, and had enough for the dark blocks, but not enough for the light ones. I had packed lots of "neutral" prints to help use up the scraps, so I cut 5 inch squares, after I took all the neutral ones from my "light" stack of 5 inch squares.
My next decision will be what to use for the borders.....
DH and I finally made it to the clubhouse on Sunday afternoon and pin-basted my autumn leaf quilt! I'm anxious to start quilting, but I ordered a few spools of thread from Superior Threads, and I plan on using one or two of them in this quilt.
Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.