Sunday, February 7, 2016

STASH REPORT SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 7, 2016

Fabric used this week  30.25 yards
Fabric used year to date  30.25 yards
Fabric added this week  .25 yards
Fabric added year to date  .25 yards
Net used 2016  30 yards

Finally - a finish!!!!  I stitched the final 6 inches of binding on the king-size Storm at Sea quilt I've been making for my son and his wife!  I've been working on it since after Christmas.  I don't think it has ever taken this far into a new year to post my first yardage used report.  I'll have pictures of the full quilt later, as I have to get DH and his friend, along with 2 step ladders to hold the quilt up for its full picture - we also needed much higher ceilings so will be heading to the clubhouse!

 The pale blue border was quilted in Waves, design from The Inbox Jaunt, and stitched in Superior Thread Fantastico variegated thread.  The sand and footprint borders is stitched in simple waves in a matching thread.  This also used the remaining focal squares.
The final border, featuring sand dollars, uses my favourite feathered hooks, stitched in Superior Thread's Twist, in a dark aqua/dark teal.
The quilting in the main body of the quilt was kept simple - I think the pattern speaks for itself.  I stitched relaxed waves, using more of Superior's Twist, in an aqua/turquoise, to accentuate the illusion of curves created by the blocks. 



Check out all the progress this week at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting on this quilt. Can't wait to see the whole Storm at Sea quilt. Congrats on finishing it and your stash numbers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.