Monday, February 15, 2016

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

Last Wednesday, some of my quilting group tried their hands at a small landscape quilt.  The pattern, "Tuscan Landscape" by Karen Eckmeier, was found in Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine, July/Aug 2007 edition.  Many tried "free cutting" with their rotary cutter for the first time.  Mine was made with a few of my limited stash of fabrics here in the sunny south.
Then I decided to use some of my 2 1/2 leftover strips, so I made some "Scrappy Trips" blocks, following the directions found here.  I made 24 blocks, and tried a couple of layouts.


I have no design wall here, so I placed them on my living-room rug, and took pictures.
I find it easier to see the pattern when I can step back.

I used the same beige dotty fabric on the centre diagonal line in each block.

Of course, as soon as DH walked in, he spotted the block that I had stitched incorrectly!  23 out of 24 isn't bad......

I finally decided to use the first layout, with the blocks creating squares, instead of the more traditional trip around the world layout.

Off to correct one block, then sew them all together.
Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.