Thursday, February 12, 2015


I completed the quilting on Tuesday, and hand stitched the binding down that evening.  I used monofilament (invisible) thread to outline all the cute blocks, then completed the quilting using Superior's King Tut thread in colour 937, called Tiny Tuts.  It is variegated in pink, blue, yellow and green - I use it often on baby quilts.  I stitched leaves in all the sashings, back and forth wiggle lines in all the yellow triangles, and gentle curves in the gray-green triangles. 

It is a shame that so many people think that monofilament thread is bad.  I've never had a problem with it, even in quilts that have been washed and dried regularly.  I love using it to give dimension to areas without adding another design detail.
I still have 9 more identical blocks for another project, but I think I'll work on it when I return north - I have more stash there, and can make a totally different quilt.  I'll have to think about this for a while.

Wednesday is my quilting group, and we are on week 5 of an 8 week mystery quilt.  I love seeing the pattern emerge with all the different choices of fabric.  I pin-basted another quilt panel, but DH and I are going out for the day - we need some US time!

1 comment:

  1. It really turned out adorably, Susan! And I agree with you: monofilament thread gets a bad rap for no logical reason, other than that — YEARS ago — it may have been a bit thicker than it is today.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.