Monday, February 23, 2015

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I certainly wish the weather would make up its mind!  My sewing room is unheated and built under the carport roof.  Earlier this week, DH opened the blinds early and I could sew by 11am.  Then when we had extra cold weather, my room didn't warm up enough to sew at all.  Suddenly, it is 83F outside, and my room became uncomfortable hot by 2pm!  This is certainly cutting into my sewing time.
I did get 3 sets of place mat tops completed.  The backings will be added when I return north in April - stash lives there....  I used a pattern called Take Four, using 4 fat quarters to make each set.

I'm still trying to decide which backing fabric to use for my dragonfly garden quilt.  It will be a large wall hanging, so I'm thinking I might use some unbleached muslin for backing - it will be against a wall for most of its life.
Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.