Monday, October 13, 2014


Fabric used this week  2.75 yards
Fabric used year to date  184.5 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  36 yards
Net used 2014  148.5 yards

This might be my last report for a few weeks.  We are getting in the "packing to head south" mode around here.  
I spent some time making a baby sleeper this week.  I had to change the pattern a bit to accommodate the zipper closure.  I dislike working with snap tape, and I don't have a snap setter tool.... ,  The knit fabric was in my stash so I get to count it!

I also made a toiletries case for SDIL2.  Picture to come later.  I made it similar to one I own, that I've had for years.  If I make another one, I'll make a few changes to make it easier to assemble.  Making this makes me really appreciate all the work that StudioKat Designs goes through to design and test their wonderful purse patterns!  It is not as easy as it looks!
I thought I'd also show the baby shawl that I made earlier in the spring.  It will be delivered to DS2 and SDIL2 this week.  I'm going to be a grandmother in January!  The pattern is from a "Beehive for Bairns" knitting book from the 1940's - another from my mother's collection.  I like to think that she was looking over my shoulder while I was making this!  It is all knit in garter stitch, which makes it reversible.
Check out the stash reports at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.