Saturday, October 25, 2014

HEXAGON FRIDAY

I'm supposed to be packing and cleaning, but......

I was straightening up my sewing table, and found my basket of 1/2 inch hexagon papers and leftover hexagons, so I just had to stop and sew.
 I love using tiny "fingertip towels" for my guests, and I have a collection of plain ones, just waiting to be decorated.
The three blue flower units were already stitched together, so I linked them with 2 neutral hexagons, then machine appliqued them, using a small blanket stitch, to the towel, using monofilament (invisible) thread in the needle and white in the bobbin.  Then I did the same with the zig zag strip of hexagons that I pieced while watching TV.  These will be really quilty accents in my powder room!   I may make some more for sale at my quilt guild's show in the spring.

1 comment:

  1. How cute! What a great idea. I'm going to be making some more hexies today. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.