Monday, September 8, 2014

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

Yesterday I rummaged in my closet and found a panel that I wanted to quilt.  I found backing fabric and pin-basted the layers together.
This morning, I felt inspired and began quilting, and by lunch-time I had the binding made and stitched on one side.  Before I knew it, I had another small quilt to donate to my guild's community quilts program.  We donate baby quilts to be used as part of a layette, but they also need funds to purchase many of the items included.  It seems that "panel" quilts sell well at the hospital gift shop - so well, that they can't keep them in stock!  We had a request for more, so I thought I could add one....
I didn't have any cheddar fabric for the binding, but found a bright gold to use instead.  I find machine quilting panel quilts is a good warm-up practice for my free motion quilting skills!

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. This is so heart-warming! Donation quilts - you're sad to see them go, but you KNOW that they will be cherished! So great that you can practice your skills, too! Congrats on a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute panel and it worked up into a darling quilt. We have a program at our guild too and make up small quilts for the local hospitals every year. This year our goal of 300 total. That keeps us all hopping but our members are very generous and I know we will make the goal. Good advice about warm up quilting on small projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.