Saturday, May 24, 2014


This week has been spent machine quilting 3 quilts for my guild's community quilts program.  I helped with pin-basting these, along with many others at our monthly workshop.  I did use some fabric to bind one......
The plastic bag holds all the pins from the quilts, ready to return and be used again.  Now they just need labels.
This is my next quilting project.  I don't machine quilt for others, but offered to help a friend.  She did all the stitch-in-the-ditch quilting.  The quilt is a Joann's Fabric BOM kit from 2008, called Desert Sky.  She managed to find all the block kits on sale at the end of the season, and was able to find the rest of the yardage to complete the quilt. The kit included pre-cut pieces, and since she is a beginner, this worked well, and she said she learned a lot about construction doing this project.  She wants it quilted using the suggested designs - very simple.  The colours of this quilt are wonderful, and I'm sure she and her DH will love having this on their bed soon!  I spent some time auditioning threads to use - I want them to show, but not to be too showy.  I guess I better get stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.