I've been promising myself that I'd use some more of my scraps before beginning anything new. I had planned to make a quilt for my DDIL2's nephew, and had asked what his favourite colour was, or what colour was in his room. Of course, the anwer was brown and beige!
I dug into my orphan blocks and units bin, and found a collection of half-square triangle units in two shades of brown, so I decided to make some log cabin blocks, using the units as the centre of each block. I am using scrap 1 1/2 inch strips in brown, rust, and a few green, along with light beige, tan and cream.
So far, I have completed 3 rounds, and the blocks are 8 inches unfinished. I plan to add 2 or 3 more rounds before decided on a block setting.
This is a closer look at four of the blocks. I'm trying to make some creative choices that will hopefully suit a young man!
Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.