Monday, May 26, 2014

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I have an empty design wall today!  Too much machine quilting!

I'm still working on my friend's quilt, just trying to decide what to stitch in two areas of the quilt - the final outside border, and some neutral large rectangles used as spacers between the blocks.  I'm sure something will come to me....  She doesn't want it too heavily quilted, so I'm being careful not to "over quilt".  I'm glad that I don't quilt for others, and that this is a special task for a good friend.

We finally managed to plant some of our garden - 4 tomato plants, some herbs and two large flowering planters at our front entrance.  Between the cold weather and rain, it has been hard to find time to plant.  My irises are just beginning to bloom!  Now I have to hunt for a few annuals to fill in some areas in my tiny garden.



Check out the design walls at Judy' blog, Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. love your iris's I only had a few open this spring - we had such a weird winter and early spring with freezing and thawing and then freezing again that it really affected some of the plants

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.