Monday, February 4, 2013

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I've been working on a project that I had planned to do last winter.  I had chosen all the fabrics from my stash and had them packed together with the magazine pattern.  Of course, I had too many projects planned, and didn't even look at this one until a couple of days ago!  
Of course, my project looks nothing like the one in the magazine, as I was using some of my "vintage" fabrics, trying to clear the shelves.  It went together very quickly.  There are 12 blocks in the pattern, 6 of each "centre" fabric.  I really should have read the pattern more thoroughly before decided on this one, as there was a lot of waste!  The pieced squares and rectangles in each block were made with the stitch and flip method.  I was able to salvage some of the larger triangles, but the smaller ones didn't meet my "minimum size to save" criteria.  It did make for fast assembly though....

 I'm pleased with the overall results and will make a nice quilt, finishing 62 x 78 inches.  The yellow fabric in the blocks and border have rose coloured flowers and blue butterflies.  DH kindly balanced on the sofa so I could get a picture of the whole thing.

I'll probably go on to make a couple more small projects before I get around to quilting this one.....

Check out all the creativity over a Judy's blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.