Friday, February 8, 2013


When I was packing to come south, I chose some Christmas prints to provide backing and binding for my Christmas projects.  I used a black background fabric with candy canes to back the largest of 3 panels on my next "use it up project".  After checking my southern stash and my pre-cut strip bins, I had nothing that would be appropriate for the binding on this project.  I knew that there wasn't much of the backing fabric left, but I decided to cut the strips for binding and hope for the best.

I knew it was going to be close, especially when I completed the 4th corner.  I stopped and measured, and the tiny piece laying on the batting was all that was left after I cut the strip before stitching the final join of the batting!  

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Awesome :) I love it when it works out like that. Like when the bobbin thread runs out JUST as you finish the last stitch on a quilt. (Instead of the usual three inches before the end!)


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.