Sunday, June 24, 2012

STASH REPORT SUNDAY


Used this week 17.375 yards
Used year to date  107 yards
Added this week  0 yards
Added year to date  108.875 yards
Net used 2012    -1.875 yards
 
Still in the red, but closing the gap!  I finished the quilting on my hexagon quilt this week - pictures coming later.
 
Just returned from our family reunion - had a great time!  Our attendance was down a bit, but those who came had fun and great food.  We took our flat screen TV and used it to play some movies that I had transferred to video format - 3 that my Dad filmed of reunions in 1948-1951.  I also had slide shows from several reunions up to the late 60's as well as a few early family weddings.  Lots of people took time to sit and watch the pictures during the afternoon.
We collected enough donations to pay for the hall for the next reunion in 2014, as well as some extras to go toward supplies.
 
I donate a quilt to the youngest family member in attendance at each reunion.  This year my nephew and his wife were there with 8 month old Addison who won the quilt.  It was an all flannel rail fence scrap quilt that I made a year or two ago.  I'm the one with the microphone, hiding behind the quilt! 

Tomorrow morning DH and I are heading to his sister's cottage home, just south of Bancroft ON for 2 days of R&R.  My brother and his wife, who are visiting from Guilin, China, will also be joining us before they head back home the following week.
 
Wednesday night is the final quilt show committee meeting, so hopefully they'll have all the finances finalized, and we are all handing in our "after show reports" as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good visit with the Family members that could come. The quilt looks perfect for the Baby, it even matches her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt for an equally lovely family. That is so nice of you to donate a quilt each reunion. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.