Fabric used this week 8.375 yards
Fabric used year to date 37.75 yards
Fabric added this week 0 yards
Fabric added year to date 16.25
Net used 2012 21.5 yards
We've been looking after our neighbours' dog while they are on a cruise this week. They returned yesterday afternoon and Sophia was uncontrollable when she heard their voices! She is easy to take care of, and we've been taking lots of walks. But having her with us has shown us why we don't have a pet right now. We've gotten used to the freedom of retirement - heading out at a moment's notice for a few hours/days, with no concerns of a little furry person waiting at home. I'm sure I'll own another dog at some time, but not right now!
I've been busy sewing this week. I finished the quilting on my batik cathedral windows quilt.
I did all the quilting with "glitter" mylar type metallic thread by Superior Threads. Most of the stitching was done in gold, but I tried the red holographic thread in the red border.
I used one of my favourite leaf designs in the green border, and I love how the light makes the quilt glisten.
Then I found one more baby quilt panel that I brought south. It was one of the panels that is only 24 inches wide, so it needed some additions. The panel is a farm design, and I found 2 pieces of fabric in my stash with barns, cows, chickens etc. Since I had limited fabric, I chose to add 2 plain borders - not enough for the pieced borders that I had planned....
While rummaging in the dresser, I found a stack of "boxy star" (Quiltville pattern),blocks that had been pieced by my group a couple of years ago. At the same time, someone donated a bag of strips, all from solid fabrics. I had cut sashing and cornerstones for each of the two sets of 12 blocks, so I took the time to stitch the tops together.
I spent most of Saturday preparing backings and pin-basting. I hope to get some quilting done before heading off to the neighbourhood "superbowl" party.
Check out Judy's blog to see how others are doing this week.