Friday, September 24, 2010

Trying to Plan Ahead

This time of year, things always get busy.  We try to do all our last minute visiting, prepare the garden for winter, I'm packing projects to take south this winter, and the schedule gets really full.
Today, I decided to get ahead and make my BOM's for my quilt guild meeting in two weeks.
The pattern was provided at the September meeting, with colour suggestions.  We can make 1 or as many blocks as we want.  For each block handed in, your name goes into a draw, and one person wins all the blocks.  Occasionally the blocks are donated to our Community Quilts project, and sometimes, they are divided into groups and more than one person wins.  Some months there are lots of blocks, and others only a handful.  I won a couple of years ago, but as the pattern was a paper pieced one, only a few participated.  I brought my prize home, made a couple of extra blocks and had a 9 block wall hanging for "show and tell" at the next meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.