Monday, September 27, 2010

Design Wall Monday


I have two things on my design wall this morning - block three of the "Raggedies" redwork project, a BOM from Kaaren's blog and some more progress on my miniature paper piecing quilt.  (The flannel on my design wall is printed in 2 inch squares, for size reference.)
 I had forgotten how long it takes to make such tiny paper pieced sections!  I usually "assembly line" sew when I piece, and it is just not possible with this tiny pattern.  The original pattern, from a Miniature Quilts magazine from 1995, also calls for a pieced border.  DH thinks I should include it, as I've spent so much time on the project already.  I'll just see how it is going, as I still have all my Christmas shopping to do (we exchange with the family in October before heading south), as well as planning and packing fabric for my winter projects.  At least with DS2 living here, I don't have to clean the house and clean out the food before we go - he just carries on.  We're going to miss him when he moves on.
Let's see what everyone else is doing at Judy's blog.

9 comments:

  1. The paper piecing is wonderful but MAN! how challenging. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Raggedies! But OMG on the mini feathered star! Holy Cow, it's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice feathered star! You really have to do the border, it calls for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your raggedies, and the paper piecing, WOW!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paper piecing is so pretty but I can only work on it for an hour a day before I get too stressed and have to move on to something else. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That paper pieced block is wonderful - and little. I think I agree with your DH. As long as you have gone this far, you might as well piece the border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Raggedy block is delightful. I have to finish quilting a gift quilt before I can start mine.

    I just can't imagine working on such a small paper pieced block. Simply amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.