Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Finished quilting the problem quilt

This was one time that I wished I had a frame or long-arm machine!  This quilt really needed an all-over quilt design.  I decided to quilt the Baptist Fan pattern.  I made arcs from double layers of freezer paper, with a line drawn before cutting, showing the vertical straight of grain line.  I had to stop and pin each set before doing the free-motion stitching along the edge of the freezer paper.  It was a bit time consuming, but I did get it finished.
I then stitched my favourite "hooked on feathers" hooks on both sides of a curvy line in the plain pink border.  I used Superior King Tut thread #937 for all the stitching.
I hope this quilt finds a good owner at my friend's church Christmas lunch and sale in late November........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.