My best friend called yesterday to ask a favour. A member of her church had passed away, and her family had found an unfinished quilt - top made and matched to batting and backing piece included. She asked if I could quilt it in time for their fall bazaar.
After it was delivered, I opened it to find this:
It is an oversized pinwheel quilt made of two blocks and a couple of odd borders. I pressed it and starched it well. When I unfolded the backing fabric, there wasn't enough to back the quilt, let alone make binding. My friend had said to call if I needed anything, but I decided to use this project to help shrink my stash.
I cut the required pieces for the binding from the backing fabric, then measured what was left. I didn't have enough of any one pink fabric to make a large enough backing, so I added one print to the sides, and another to the top and bottom. More spray starch on the backing and I am now in the process of pin basting.
Choosing a quilting design to help this quilt will be a big decision.....