Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My work is cut out for me.....

I received a phone call from one of the organizers of the community quilts program at my guild, asking if she could drop by this afternoon.
She arrived with a quilt batt and a bag containing some baby quilt panels for me to quilt.
After she left, I looked into the bag and found 5 panels, each matched with a backing fabric, so I guess I know what I'll be working on for the next while!
 I'm still fighting a cold with a horrible cough, so my energy level is really low right now.  I did managed to make 4 jars of apricot jam this morning (I make my jam in small batches in the microwave), and also a small batch of ginger cookies.  I also picked some parsley to dry, and some to go with the basil in a batch of pesto.  My son did all the prep work for the pesto, as I was running out of steam by then.  My favourite recipe for pesto calls for blanching the basil and parsley for 15 seconds, then dunking it in ice water.  It really helps the pesto from oxidizing and turning brown on the surface.  We seem to be eating the pesto as fast as we can make it this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.