Saturday, June 26, 2010

Final Flannel Rail Fence Quilt


I saved all the brighter coloured flannel to make on final quilt.  (I still have more flannel scraps, but they will have to wait for another day.)

This one is twin bed sized.  I added three borders, with the centre one pieced using left-over block pieces.  There wasn't always enough pieces to make a full block (needs 4 strips alike), so I saved them all and stitched them end to end, cutting the length needed for each border strip. 

The bright puppies on the flannel back was the perfect complement to the scrappy front.  I must have found this flannel on sale, as I know that I have used it before, and there was still enough left to back this quilt.  

The cotton binding was made from a bright stripe that was printed on the diagonal.  It mades a fun binding without having to cut on the bias!
I usually buy flannel fabric to back quilts on "black Friday" at Joann's Fabrics - a couple of years ago they had flannel on sale for $0.99 per yard, so I stocked up.  I can usually find one in my stash that will go with whatever current quilt I am working on.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.