Friday, April 23, 2010

Border Completed

I stitched the border squares together, alternating a white block with a purple block and with one facing up and one down.  I decided to keep the white edge toward the quilt centre, so I added a white border first, then the pieced border, then the purple border.
The picture was taken after I had pin-basted my quilt, and had stitched "in the ditch" around the basic shapes.  I then added a scrappy binding, made from left-over 2 1/2 inch strips.  Now on to the remaining quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Love the border that you added and the scrappy binding will look great. Can't wait to see how you quilt it or what your next quilt will be.
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is coming along nicely! I've enjoyed watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.