Saturday, January 30, 2021

WORKSHOP IN FEBRUARY

    In December, my guild had a show and tell presentation of all the quilts we had finished since the Covid 19 lockdown, all via Zoom.  One of the items I shared, was a quilt as you go, reversible table runner.  Several members asked if we could have a workshop, and I agreed!  This is the one I shared.  One side represents spring, and the other autumn.




    I have been spending time, writing the instructions, along with fabric requirements, etc.  I also had to find fabric to use in my step out samples.  Mine is going to represent Valentine's Day on one side, and Easter on the other.  I took pictures of each step to add to the instructions, as many people are "visual learners".  Every time I do this, I am surprised at how much time it takes, writing, taking photos, proofreading etc.! 

    This week was also a busy one, driving DH to appointments.  He had one with his Ear, Nose, Throat doctor on Monday, then off to drop off a prescription.  Tuesday and Wednesday he had the final tests that his cardiologist had ordered, filling in a cancellation instead of waiting for his appointments in March or April!  Tuesday was also my first driving experience in blowing snow when I went to pick  him up.  My last snowy drive was over 20 years ago!  Thank heavens for snow tires and few drivers on the road!!!!Thursday and Friday he wasn't feeling well, as he had severe vertigo, and needed help from time to time, so my time in my sewing room was very limited.  I'm hoping to get some stitching done today - probably more red string blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.