Wednesday, January 20, 2021

KEEPING BUSY

 Monday evening was my quilt guild executive meeting.  We are having great success using zoom for meetings, especially since we are currently in a lock-down, due to rising Covid 19 numbers in our province.

Among other items discussed, I was asked to run a Zoom workshop for my guild.  I had showed a reversible, quilt-as-you-go table runner at the December meeting, that many members wanted to try.  I have been busy selecting fabric from my stash, and getting everything cut out and ready to go.  I chose Valentines Day for one side, and Easter for the other, using fabrics in my stash.  I have also prepared some step-out examples as I realize that many people are "visual learners".  DH and I are still figuring out the logistics of best computer locations for filming etc.

I already have 5 signed up for the workshop in February, and the official notice hasn't gone out to the members yet! Our newsletter will be out before the February meeting, and our local quilt shops are available for online shopping, and delivery and pick-up options are available for shopping.

Since I maintain the guild website, I am also receiving pictures from our members of the quilt project that was our "block of the month" from September to December 2020.  It is keeping me busy, downloading pictures of the quilts, and also some of the January BoM blocks, editing them with names and descriptions etc. and keeping track of participants for the Zoom workshop.  I have to send fabric requirements and initial cutting instructions out to each participant, so that on the workshop day, we'll be ready to get right to work."

Here are my January BoM blocks.  I made 10 of the "card trick" blocks, using leftover strips for the blocks, along with leftover white muslin.  I'm hoping to make a colourful donation quilt with all the remaining monthly blocks, with the bonus of using leftover  scraps wherever possible!

I am lucky that my DH doesn't mind preparing meals when I am super busy, and has turned into a pretty good cook over the years too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.