Monday, December 23, 2019

CAROLING WAS RAINED OUT!

Goody bags were distributed, but we had heavy rain begin a 5pm, and continued most of the night.  We plan to head out tonight, so I hope the weather fairy keeps more rain at bay!

I baked dinner rolls and half of the batch of ribbon cookies (refrigerated dough).  I even got a bit more quilting done on my latest project.  Since I make my stuffing from dry bread cubes, I spread the bread slices on racks to dry overnight.

This morning I cubed the bread, and left it in a bowl on the counter to continue drying.  Then I made bread crumbs in my blender, using the crusts.  Next was making cranberry sauce, with orange zest and a bit of orange juice added.  It is almost cool enough to put in the refrigerator.   I rolled out the pastry I made to make mini mincemeat tarts. 

Tomorrow I plan to cook the giblets from the turkey, to use the broth in the gravy.  I'll also cook the turnip (rutabaga), and mix in the rest of the ingredients ready to bake on Wednesday.  I've been doing some major juggling of items in the refrigerator to fit everything in!

Now off to my machine to continue quilting my version of Jewel Box Stars....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.