Thursday, December 26, 2019

BOXING DAY

Our phone rang on Christmas morning, just before 7am.  I heard a little voice say "Santa came to my house!"  It was our signal to get to the computer and connect via Skype with our son and his family.

We sat for over an hour, being entertained by our grandkids, and sharing their joy at Christmas magic.  Our grandson was able to read the tags on the parcels under the tree this year, and helped everyone open their presents.  His sister is just 1, and was interested in the items in each package, but did not want to unwrap anything.  Her favourite items were books and toys with buttons to push.

We shared Christmas wishes with family members far away all day, and I was busy getting our feast ready.  Seven friends and family members shared a fun afternoon/evening, with good food, lots of stories, and 2 delicious pies for dessert, provided by one of our guests.

By the time the leftovers were put away, dishes done and kitchen tidied, it was time for a game and off to bed.

Today, I had a completely lazy day!  I can't remember when I last took this type of day.  Our overnight guests had breakfast and then headed home. We read the paper, watched a couple of shows on TV, had a small turkey sandwich for lunch, and just relaxed.  I didn't even turn on my sewing machine (2 days in a row!)  We'll be enjoying leftovers for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow things will be back to normal.  I have laundry to do, more quilting, check my important to-do list, and get back to a normal schedule.  I also need to go for a bike ride with DH!
My southern quilting group gets back together on January 8th, and I have a couple of things to prepare for them, and I don't want to get behind now the end of the CQA "52 blocks in 52 weeks" challenge is near the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.