Tuesday, February 19, 2019

ANOTHER QUILT COMPLETED

I put the final stitching in my second mystery quilt today!


The pattern is called "Rainbow Rotini".  It was designed by Marjorie Rhine, and was in the March, May and July 2012 editions of American Quilter magazine.

I chose my main colour as pink, as it will be a gift for my granddaughter in a year or so.  It will fit a single bed.

I machine quilted it with monofiliment thread, using a stitch in the ditch around all the various elements.  

I stitched two different designs in the background surrounding each block - 

Flowers and leaves around six blocks, and butterflies around the remaining six.
All the quilting on the neutral areas was done using Superior Thread's King Tut thread in colour #937  Tiny Tuts.  It has a mixture of pink, yellow, blue, green and mauve.

 The outer border was stitched with my favourite feathered hooks.  

I also added green binding, her big brother's favourite colour!

1 comment:

  1. Wow it's beautiful!!! So happy and cheerful and I love pin wheels!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.