Monday, October 15, 2018

MAKING MY SEWING ROOM TIDY!

My version of this task is to make something with leftover blocks!

In 2016, I made a one block wonder quilt that I called "Breaking Out!"  

I had some half block pieces left over, and I also cut the remaining stacked fabric into smaller pieces to make smaller units.  They have been on the edge of my design wall, just begging to be used.

Yesterday, I pulled some bright yellow "Fairy Frost" fabric from my shelves, and used it for the background of the runner.  I stitched the half  blocks into a large hexagon, with an open centre, then spent time with the iron, to fold all the edges of the units under.  The two smaller hexagons were made from the narrow, leftover strips set of the fabric.  I machine appliqued the pieces to the background, using monofilament thread and a narrow zig-zag stitch.  I plan to call it "Fiesta"......
Now I'm off to find backing and binding fabrics, and get to machine quilting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.