Friday, October 26, 2018

I'M SUPPOSED TO BE PACKING!

I've been doing some sorting in my sewing room, in preparations for packing some projects to take south.  Of course, I've stopped and stitched along the way!

Several years ago, a member of my southern quilt group gave me a bag of fabric, and cut wedges.  I started to sew the wedges into rings a while ago, but the project was pushed aside.  The wedges were cut from voile, and had almost see-through areas in the print.  Instead of pushing them aside again, I stitched all the wedges and was able to make 3 rings.   Since one of the fabrics was white, and any background would have shaded the fabric, I cut 3 white on white fabric squares. Included in the bag was a large piece of a funky stripe, so I used that to make the setting triangles, and binding.

The runner is completed, but needs more quilting.  I hope to get that done today, and then maybe I can concentrate on packing.  I think the only way to get that done is to pack up my sewing machine!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.