Sunday, October 14, 2018

FINALLY BACK HOME!

DH and I returned home on Thursday evening.  Our two weeks with our son and family were wonderful, enjoying both of our grandchildren, and taking care of the family so Mom and Dad could rest as much as possible.

The 90 year old mother of a good friend passed away, and we were home in time to attend the funeral.  We know all of her extended family members, and were honoured to spend this special time with all of them.

Friday, DH and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary!  We spent the evening enjoying a lovely meal and a bottle of wine.  We also had calls from family members, and met for lunch on Sunday with DH's sister and husband.

 We have a long list of jobs to take care of before we head south!  The garden needs to be tidied up before the really cold weather arrives, and we plan to shampoo all the carpets, and do a thorough cleaning, so it will be ready to greet us back in the spring!
I also have to decide on quilting projects for the winter.  I think I'll continue on with my plan of using my pre-cut strips and squares of leftovers to make more quilts for donation.  Love to try new patterns using my conglomeration of fabrics!  I also have to plan some projects for my quilting group in the south.

We have a few final appointments in the next 2 weeks, and hope to visit DS#1 and his wife before we go.  There are advantages and disadvantages of living 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 hours away from our sons!  We have a weekly Skype session with DS#2 and family, so we will be able to keep up with the changes in the children.  I'm missing my snuggle time with both our grandson and his new baby sister!

I'm off to work on a project to use up some leftover blocks - great to be back in my sewing room again!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 50 years is a real accomplishment, Susan. :) Happy anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.