Wednesday, December 27, 2017

STILL STITCHING ALONG

Just to keep my hand in, I basted this cute baby quilt panel, and managed to find an afternoon to quilt during the past week.  A little evening TV watching, and the hand stitching was complete on the binding.  This will be donated to the Hugs program at our local hospital, after being logged into my guild's comunity quilts program.

I've been slowly working on Diamond Hill by Esther Aliu.  


So far I have hand appliqued 3 of the 4 main blocks.



The flower colours were chosen to coordinate with some fabric that has been in my stash over 20 years.



When I have all 4 blocks complete, I'll add the strips to the corner of each of them, then give them a good press and cut them to the correct size.

I'll still have the pieced sashing to complete, and the appliqued borders, so I hope to complete this before the end of 2018!
I have pulled the fabric for the flowers and leaves from my selection, and now have to get all the small pieces prepared for stitching.  It is always a time consuming part of applique, but the rewards when your vision appears is worth it.

I plan to keep busy with various other projects at the same time.  I'll be working on some items for my guild's boutique - our quilt show is in early June 2018!  I had already selected quilts that I wanted to enter into the show, but as a few more projects are being completed, I'm changing my mind.  I have until late February or early March to decide, so I'm sure my list will change a lot by the deadline!

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.