Sunday, December 3, 2017

A SMALL FINISH & UPDATE TO MY STASH REPORT!

Fabric used this week 1.25 yards
Fabric used year to date  113.5 yards
Fabric added this week 14 yards
Fabric added year to date  70.25 yards
Net used this year  43.25 yards

When I said small, I really meant it!  I completed a table runner - I had finished the hand embroidery, and it had hung, forgotten, on my design wall for 2 years.  I pulled some fabric for backing and borders, and prepped it for quilting before heading south.
Of course, I don't remember the pattern designer......
It looks very sparkly in person - I used a pearl coloured Glitter thread by Superior Threads to quilt snowy swirls in the background, and red Glitter around the pointsettias.   I also forgot to bring binding fabric, so I used one of my new fat quarters.

I also spent some time completing the December BOM blocks - green this month.

There are two of the first block, similar, but using a variety of fabrics.
 There are two of the geese blocks, following the designer's suggestion to radiate the geese colours from dark to light.
There are 4 for the bow tie blocks, following the dark, light, dark green colour scheme.

Now I just have to wait for January!  If you are interested in the block of the month, here is the link.

The holidays are nearly upon us again.  I still have baking to do, and we haven't decorated yet!  DH has been helping a neighbour seal his concrete driveway, and finally, all the band members have arrived south for the winter, so many practices are coming up.  There is a Christmas sing-a-long each December in our community, and the band has been asked to entertain while everyone is arriving, and also accompany all the songs and carols.  Everyone has fun, and it helps to get everyone in the holiday spirit.  There is a decorated golf cart parade coming up, and a huge pot luck dinner on Christmas eve.  The band is entertaining there as well!  They also have several Christmas parties at local nursing homes scheduled for December, so they will be busy, busy, busy.  They all play for the love of music, and try to add some extra cheer all year.

1 comment:

  1. The snowmen are so cute! How was it to work with that Glitter thread? I keep eyeing it when I make a thread order. I like the color gradation on that flying geese pinwheel block.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.