Saturday, December 16, 2017

A FINISH......


I just finished hand stitching the binding on this wall hanging.  The pattern I used was the centre block from a quilt designed by Esther Aliu, called Oma's Blues.  I knew that I wouldn't make the whole quilt, but I love hand applique, and I had just received a set of blue fabrics from Connecting Threads.  I also pulled some fabrics from my deep stash, including two blue Christmas prints.

Once the hand applique was complete, this hung on my design wall for 2 years, so before heading south for the winter, I selected fabric for the backing and batting, and was determined to complete the project ASAP!

I added machine quilting, using some invisible (monofilament) thread to emphasize the appliques, then white thread for the quilting.  I'm pleased that it is finished, as I am working on another of Esther's patterns, Diamond Hill.  I have appliqued the first 2 blocks and I'm working on the hand stitching of block number 3.                      

3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! I love your blues with the applique. Congratulations on the final finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan, it's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing with Design Wall Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.