Sunday, February 26, 2017

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  28.625 yards
Fabric added this week 5 yards
Fabric added year to date  30.5 yards
Net used 2017  -1.875 yards
 
More backing fabric added this week, so I'm back in the red!!!!
 
I've been a bad blogger lately, but I've been working in any few spare minutes that I can find.  It seems like we're busy from morning to night. I did get another quilt top pieced, this time from scrap 2 1/2 inch strips - thus the need for more backing fabric.
 
The block pattern is called Ladder Star and is one of Bonnie Hunter's Addicted to Scraps in Quiltmaker magazine. 
Whenever I had a few minutes, I'd cut pieces for a block, then when I had 2 cut, I'd stitch them together.  I made 48 blocks, along with many bonus half-square triangle blocks, (stitched as leaders and enders),which I used in the 2nd border. The only "new" fabric used was for the 2 plain borders, but was also from my stash.
I really have to find some time to pin-baste quilts - I now have 3 waiting!
 
Check out all the progress shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times

2 comments:

  1. That quilt is stunning. I love most of Bonnie's patterns for using up scraps It looks a little more time consuming than I have time for right now, but the results are great. You did good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.