Friday, February 10, 2017

ANOTHER SMALL FINISH

I finished the quilting and binding on Wednesday.  I used a cloth book panel, cut out the individual pages and added sashing and cornerstones.  When using a book panel, I look for one that doesn't have a very obvious beginning and ending.  This one worked really well, as did a book of opposites that I used last year.
The bad news is that my backing fabric for 2 more quilts arrived this week, so I'll be back in the red again on Sunday!

I have a second baby quilt almost completed, but 2 days at Disney World, and my quilting group on Wednesday used lots of my time this week - all things I enjoy.  DH and I go to Disney often, enjoy the fresh air, the stroll, the people and the entertainment.  I dislike walking, as I prefer to ride my bike, but I get lots of exercise on our Disney days.  I should get a step counter to see how many steps we take!
Back to quilting as soon as my cakes come out of the oven.  My neighbour gave me a starter for Amish friendship bread, and mine was ready to go today.  I discovered that you could freeze the starter, so I put it in cup size containers and save to use later.  This way my neighbours don't run when they see me coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.