Tuesday, December 15, 2015

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

My quilt group is working on a bargello runner.  I am making mine with Christmas fabric, trying to use more of my stash.  I've been on a "no buying Christmas fabric" plan for a couple of years now!


I'm finally stitching mine, as I was using it as a teaching sample.  This is quilted as you go, through all layers, and just needs binding when completed.
 My "Hearts Galore" quilt is finished, and I managed to get some pictures taken this morning.  Block 1 has curls stitched in the blue border, and loop-de-loops in the heart fabric.


Block 2 has a heart stitched in the small heart square, then a continuous swirl design in the background green and gold squares.
I plan on getting a better picture of the whole quilt, as well as the back later, as DH, also known as my quilt holder is at a band practice this morning.  His group has several performances scheduled for the next couple of weeks, at local nursing homes, the rehab center, as well as a pot luck Christmas Eve dinner in our community's clubhouse!

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.