Friday, October 23, 2015

SORTING AND PACKING

Next week we'll be making our annual trek south to warmer weather.  This requires lots of packing - a quilter needs her stuff!


Of course, this requires a lot of guess-work, as I'm never quite sure what I want to work on for the next few months.  The pile of fabric at the back right consists of 20 pillowcase pieces, along with the coordinating border for each piece.  The heart print has been in my stash for a long time, and I think it needs to be made into a bright, happy kid's quilt.  The neutrals are for a project using scrap 9-patch blocks and a scrappy braid.


The right hand pile is made up of some panels for baby quilts, along with some flannel backing, and fabric for binding and scraps for extra blocks.  
The pastel pile is set aside to make some little girl quilts.  I usually make the bright quilts and "boy" prints to donate to my guild, but this fabric was calling my name.


Finally, there is my collection of blue fabrics.  I'm using them to use for my guild's BOM project for this season.

There are 2 different projects, one is a "modern quilt", but I'm doing the traditional one!
 This is the 3rd block that I have completed so far.  October there were 2 to complete, to leave time in the guild's year to make all the blocks.

I think it is time to pack up my machine, so I won't be doing any sewing for over a week!  I'm looking forward to seeing old friends, and new, including members of my southern quilt group.  The bad news is that I have to buy fabric for my son & daughter-in-law's king size quilt, ''Storm at Sea'', so my numbers will take a hit very soon!  I also have to get the publicity out about our pillowcase workshop day, once I confirm dates to use the clubhouse - my group often shares the space for part of each quilting day, but I'd like to have it reserved in the hope that more of the residents join us for the day.

Off to choose some books and patterns to pack.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.