Monday, October 12, 2015

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

After completing the top, using donated "stack n whack" blocks, I discovered one narrow strip of 8 repeats of the focal fabric in the bottom of the bag!  I straightened it into a 2 inch strip, then cut 60 degree triangles, each stack having 8 pieces.

Since 60 degree triangle only require 6 pieces to form a shape, I set the remaining 2 pieces of each design aside.  I also found  a couple of 2 inch strips of the background cream fabric, used in the original quilt blocks, so that was cut into 60 degree triangles also.

 I had to cheat and make two hexagon shapes with 3 different pairs of fabric, but I think the small runner turned out just fine.  It finishes at 20 1/4 inches x 12 inches.  I think I'll give the finished runner to the guild member that made the original blocks!

Check out all the creativity at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.