Sunday, August 30, 2015

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards

Fabric used year to date  120.75 yards

Fabric added this week  0 yards

Fabric added year to date  63.75 yards

Net used 2015  57 yards
Nothing to report as far as fabric usage goes.....  I've been working on another scrap quilt, this time I'm using Bonnie Hunter's "Kiss in the Corner" pattern.  This uses almost all 2 inch strips, so I've been digging into my 2 inch bin for yellows, lights and darks, with a few 1 1/2 inch squares of darks thrown into the mix.
Thursday afternoon, I laid out all the blocks, sashings, corner squares and setting triangles on the living room rug (my design wall is too small).  I have a picture to add here, but Blogger isn't cooperating today......
I started to sew the top together Friday morning, and worked on it today, in between doing 5 loads of laundry.
Last weekend we went to Toronto to celebrate our August birthdays (3 this month).  We all met at a lovely park and had a picknic lunch under the shade of a tree.  Lots of time to chat, and enjoy the fresh air with our family.  
After lunch we headed to DS2's home in Kitchener.  We had fun playing with our grandson, and we helped them with a few jobs around the house and yard, returning home on Tuesday morning.
DH had a practice with his music partner, and they entertained at a local seniors' residence on Wednesday afternoon.  Home for a quick dinner, then off to the second last "Music in the Park" for the summer season.
Friday we headed up to Baptiste Lake.  A cousin of DH's, who lives in British Columbia, was visiting, and trying to see as many relatives as possible during his visit.  We met and spent an afternoon getting caught up on all the news, and DH and cousin told stories of their time together when they were young.  Our hosts provided a great BBQ steak dinner, and after watching a great sunset, we hit the road and arrived home by 11p.m.
I'm sure I'll catch up on my sleep soon, but I'm anxious to get my quilt top completed!
Check out all the progress shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.