Monday, July 27, 2015

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I was finally ready to work on something of my own, and noticed this.....  My 1 1/2 inch strip bin was overflowing!  I have the strips organized by dark and light.


I decided to make some half-log cabin blocks, although I usually use larger strips.
After a couple of days of intermittent sewing while doing other tasks, I have 40 blocks completed.  They finish at 5 inches square, so I'll need lots of them to make a quilt top - good news to help use up some strips, but probably won't use as many as I'd like!



DS2 and DDIL just bought a king-size bed, so now I'm hoping to make a quilt for them.  I suggested that she look at quilts on the internet to get an idea of what she'd like.  Now that they are in their new home, they are beginning to decorate, not just fit in whatever came along as they did in their apartment.  Hopefully she can find something that she likes so I can make some plans for this huge winter project!

I just received a video of our lovely grandson, eating his first solid food.  He was really ready for it, and tried to wrestle the bowl out of his mother's hands.  I think he would have eaten more, but they are starting with a small amount of rice cereal to see how it goes.  When I told them that the nurses fed DS2 cereal while we were in the hospital, they were shocked, as the newer idea is to wait until they are 6 months old.  He's been interested in their food for quite a while, so I'm sure he'll progress quickly. 

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! I've only been playing around with scrappy for a little while but am totally loving it. This type of quilt will probably move to the top of the "to do" list very fast because I just LOVE it! Thanks for sharing it with us today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dgs#3 just started on rice cereal and its going well. He was born in March and a big 5 months old. Yes, I remember when we fed babies rice cereal when they were tiny.

    The half log cabins are inspiring, but I have no strings at my house. I will moon over yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like log cabin blocks and scrappy blocks are the best! This is going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scrappy half log cabin blocks look great. If you make 2 king size quilts, I'm sure you won't have any overflowing bins of either lights or darks. That's a lot of scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.