Sunday, July 19, 2015


Fabric used this week  .375 yards
Fabric used year to date  105.75 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  63.75 yards
Net used 2015  42 yards 

I don't know where the time is going this summer!  I managed to quilt another "community quilt" for my guild, and this one needed binding - that accounts for my .375 yards of fabric.  I really have to get my quilting mojo back into normal gear!

I seem to be playing "catch up" with my life lately.  We love having visitors, and we also went to the theatre to see a "Canadian themed" performance of The Pirates of Penzance this week.  The cast did a wonderful job, and the adaptation had just the right amount of Canadian content, while leaving some of the original lyrics intact.
We attended the concerts in the park on Wednesday evening - this time 4 women playing saxophones - what a lively group!

DH had 3 performances this week at some local nursing homes.  We packed our van with a small dresser and curio cabinet and headed to DS's on Friday.  We had planned to help with some garden work when we arrived, but it was raining.  DH picked up a new latch for their screen door and managed to install that, while I enjoyed some more grandson time.  After dinner, DH and DS moved the sofa bed from the living room to the den downstairs - quite a struggle as it was super heavy.  Now our "bedroom while visiting is downstairs, and we'll use the 2nd bathroom.  Their new sofa is being delivered on Monday or Tuesday!

Saturday morning, DS headed to Toronto with his father-in-law to help his sister-in-law pack in preparation for her move to California.  We drove in, arriving about 10am, and loaded her futon, dining table and 4 chairs, TV and stand, and a couple of assorted items that are heading for a new home at DS's house.  After arriving back at DS's place, we assembled the futon for temporary use in the living room, and stored the rest of the furniture in the den.  DS arrived around 3:45, hot and tired from packing boxes for the day.  We headed back home, and arrived at around 8:30pm.

Once home, I got the pork shoulder roast out of the refrigerator, and added the dry rub I had made before heading out.  It went back into the refrigerator overnight.  This morning, I'm trying to get caught up on the mounds of laundry that had taken over my laundry room.  I also simmered the sauce, and then put the roast into a slow oven, so we'll have a feed of pulled pork for dinner, with lots left for the freezer!  

Laundry is all done, and DH is out entertaining for the local Air Force Association luncheon.  Then he's heading across town to pick up our Godson, and his middle sister for a short visit including dinner.  He is attending sea cadet camp, and his sister signed him out for the day.  She is working at old Fort Henry as part of the guard at the historic fort, - her summer job before returning to Queen's University in the fall. I have to get some brownie batter prepared, so that it can go into the oven when the pork comes out.  Our Godson has to be back to camp by 8pm, and DH will drop off his sister at her place as well.
Hopefully I'll get some sewing done tomorrow!!!!!

Check out everyone's reports at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.


  1. Wow! Sounds like you have had a busy time, but it sounds like it is all good. Hopefully you will get caught up and time to squeeze in some quilting soon.

  2. Whew. I am exhausted just reading all that you had to do this week. No where in there did I see where you got to sleep! lol Hope next week is less hectic. Good stash numbers though.

  3. Yep - you've been busy! Hope this week has started off well for you.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.