Monday, June 22, 2015

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

Nothing currently on my design wall!  Just finished a quilt......

This quilt used all the bonus half-square triangle units that I made when making "Grand Illusion" last December.  I promised myself that they wouldn't end up in another zip-lock bag.  Nann suggested that I call it "Good n Plenty" after a US licorice candy with pink and white coating.  Seemed like a great fit.  

It finished around 50 x 60 inches.

I had a large cone of heavy weight black thread that ended up in my sewing room.  Not sure where it came from, but some of it finally found a home in this quilt.  I had to use a size 16 topstitch needle to accomodate this thick thread, but I love how it shows on the piano key border.

Check out all the shared creativity at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

  1. Susan, this is beautiful!!! And from bonus HSTs - WOW. I knew I keep all those for a good reason. You've made a really marvelous quilt from those. Love the borderwork with the squares inserted here and there in the piano key strips, even. Most excellent use of scraps I've seen in a while. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.