Monday, August 11, 2014


Used this week 6.875 yards
Used year to date  157 yards
Added this week 0 yards
Added year to date 36 yards
Net used 2014    121 yards

I finished the second disappearing hourglass quilt, and finally started a new project - applique this time.

I found a lovely heart shaped flower wreath in a book many years ago.  I made a line drawing of the design, and even made one in reverse, but then I placed the whole thing in a binder.  The last few times that I looked at the design I was in the south, while my stash was in the north.  I finally decided it was time to pull fabrics from my stash to begin work on the project.  I have prepared one flower for stitching, but still have to work on the leaves.....

We had a busy week with eye exams, and DH had a procedure on his eye on Thursday.  He had a cataract removed a couple of years ago, but his vision has worsened again.  He finally saw the specialist on Thursday, who used a laser to remove some cells that had grown on the back of the tissue that holds the lens in place.  Happily, he is back to 20/20 vision in that eye!

We also visited both sets of "kids" over the weekend - lots of driving, but well worth it!

Check out the stash progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.