This is the first motif for the floral heart wreath project. I haven't done an applique project for a while, and this one has been waiting much to long!
I have pulled all the fabrics from my stash, so I can work on it at a leisurely pace, and even take the fabric south to complete the quilt.
I have been preparing the pieces using a "Floriani Stitch N Wash Fusible" stabilizer. I cut the exact shape from the stabilizer, and iron it onto the back of the fabric. Then I turn the trimmed edges of the fabric piece, using washable glue stick, and then glue the motif together, where it waits for hand stitching. I still have a couple of leaves to add to this motif. You may notice a couple of fabric pokies at the ends of the leaves, but this will get tucked under when the motif is stitched to the background fabric.
Now that I have begun the project, I'm anxious to start stitching!
Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.