Monday, July 28, 2014

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

My design wall is so empty it almost has cobwebs on it!

I'm trying to get back in the quilting groove, slowly.  I had two quilt tops almost finished, so I added borders to both, and I have one backing prepared, and I'm trying to find fabric for the second one...

I had made a pile of "disappearing hourglass" blocks, planning to make a large quilt, but since the blocks are so large, I decided to make two smaller quilts to donate instead.

Then I have to clean off my cutting table before I can pin-baste the quilts.  Early in the spring, I thought I'd be running out of batting, so ordered more, but I haven't touched any of it since!  My fingers are getting itchy to get back to some serious quilting.  My guild is having a show in June 2015, and I have to get some plans made for projects to show.  I usually enter items already completed before we head south - just easier to provide photos and finished sizes in early March when the entries are due....

Head over to Judy's blog, Patchwork Times for lots of creative inspiration that is shared there.
 

3 comments:

  1. Love the blocks. Mine are taking a while to make (it would go faster if I went and spent quality time with my sewing machine) and have less contrast. Maybe if I had made them brighter like yours I would enjoy making them more.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your quilt top. Pretty blocks and it looks vintage-y to me. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love those blocks! I"m working on the same pattern. I have 2 done, can't imagine getting as far as you have. But you are definitely inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.