I managed to get half of the disappearing hourglass blocks sewn together, but not much else. I had intended to make a large quilt, but decided to make 2 lap quilts instead. The first one has the blocks in diagonal runs of colour, but the second will be more scrappy, just using the leftover blocks.
I took one quick picture while it was pinned to my design wall, but since it has bias edges, I didn't leave it hanging - I could already see the edges stretching! I like this block, but next time I'll make on grain half square triangle blocks - much easier to control!
I took two close-up pictures of some of the blocks too.
I chose colours from the black print with the multi-coloured squares. Hopefully, I'll get the next set of blocks sewn together before the next set of community quilts arrives to be quilted.
Check out the creativity at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.