Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FINISHED MY BALTIMORE QUILT!

I made the final quilting stitches yesterday morning, then spent an hour or so checking for thread ends on the back, etc.  I try to be a tidy quilter, but I use my thread cutter on the Juki without thinking, and then need to hunt down the pesky thread ends!

I decided to call this one 
" The Orient Visits Baltimore"

The pattern is Baltimore Bliss by Fat Cat Patterns.  I took a few pictures of the quilting, but I'll have to wait until we get some help to take a picture of the whole quilt.
 The feathers in the sashing was stitched with Sulky gold "sliver" thread, a flat mylar filament.  It sparkles much more in person!
I used the same thread to stitch the swirl in the cornerstones.
I stitched the background pattern in the neutral areas of each block.  The decorative stitching on the appliques was done before the top was assembled.
 This is the best shot that I could get of the quilt top, and it doesn't show the borders at all.  The colours are a bit washed out from the lighting - I'll have to figure out a better way to photograph my quilts!
If you want to see the border fabric, it is shown here.

7 comments:

  1. That turned out so beautifully, Susan! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one awesome accomplishment! I love the colors you used, are they darker like in the border pictures? Either way congratulations on another beautiful quilt. Your quilting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Susan! I love the filler quilting in the applique blocks...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt. The colors are wonderful and the quilting is terrific. Congratulations on a great job.

    Ricci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Beautiful work!! congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colorway you picked for your Baltimore - stunning! And the quilting is fantastic.

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Your quilt is stunning!! The quilting is just amazing!!! Congratulations on an amazing finish!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.