Wednesday, September 14, 2011


My BFF commissioned me to make a set of 6 placemats and napkins, to be used as a wedding gift.  She spent about an hour with me on Sunday, looking at patterns, and choosing fabric.  I had a partial bolt of batik that had some of the colours in the china that the happy couple had selected, and we spent some time finding two other coordinating fabrics.  Of course, the pattern that she chose for the placemats had tons of half-square triangle blocks.

Monday, I spent most of the day sewing, pressing and squaring up these.....
Tuesday, I spent the morning waiting for the cable guy - the digital transition isn't going as smoothly in Canada as it did in the US!  I did managed to get to my sewing room after lunch and pieced the centres of the place mats.  They still have a narrow border to be added.
 When we were choosing fabrics, she spotted the cream fabric - leftover from my Baltimore quilt.  I only had a narrow piece, including the fold, after cutting the blocks.  I measured it, and there was just enough to make the blocks for these mats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.