Tuesday, December 22, 2020

TRYING TO COMPLETE ONE MORE......

 I have been stitching Easy Breezy scrappy blocks, following Bonnie Hunter's annual scrap challenge block for 2020-21.

These are a few leftover blocks, so I guess I'll make some more!  I'm still not seeing much of a reduction in my 2 inch leftover strip bin!


I have been doing some simple free-motion quilting.  I started by stitching a curve in each rectangular piece, using white thread.  Then I stitched leaf shapes in the light and dark rows of squares, using two different variegated threads, with the same thread in all the light squares, and the second colour in all the dark ones.  Both threads were from Superior Threads, one Rainbow, and the other was Fantastico, both shiny trilobal poly thread!
This is one of the sets of four blocks, with the dark squares forming an X, and the light squares forming a square.




The first narrow light green border was quilted with a leaf motif, using Superior Thread Twist thread in a light green and light neutral twist.  I like the way it adds a little sparkle to the motif.

 I have the binding prepared, so as soon as I figure out how I'd like to quilt the final border, I'll get it added, so I can have some evening TV stitching.

I was busy in the kitchen yesterday.  I made a huge pop of Pasta Fagioli soup, and DH baked biscuits to go with it for dinner.  I have 5 containers of soup, chilling in the refrigerator, to be stored in the freezer later today.  I had made a large batch of pastry, as I had promised a pan of "Marzipan Bars", using DH's grandmother's recipe, and it starts with a layer of pastry in an 8 inch pan.  Since I had the pastry ready to roll out, DH found a jar or mincemeat, and I made some mini tarts as well.  Since it will only be 2 for the holidays, I thought that was enough, as we are getting less excercise as the cold weather sets in.  We have had a bit of snow, but it has melted after each dusting, and we had rain most of yesterday.  But we are guaranteed snow in the near future.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy Christmas and looking forward to being vaccinated in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.