Thursday, December 17, 2020

HUNTING FOR CHRISTMAS

 For several years, we have spent Christmas in Florida.  We have time to get together with friends, go carolling, make some extra Christmas goodies for some of our older neighbours etc.  Of course, most of my quilts and decorations are there.

This is our first year for a long time, we are spending Christmas in Canada.  We are getting re-aquainted with snow, but have only had a bit so far.  We had planned on spending the holidays with our son and his family, but due to rising Covid 19 numbers, we have been asked to stay home, which we totally agree to do!

Yesterday, I went searching the top shelf of my linen closet, and I found 2 Christmas quilts that I had forgotten.  Looking through my files, I discovered that they were made in 1993 and 1994.

The wreath was made from a pattern by Eleanor Burns, and was one of the first patterns that I tried!  The first two were made as gifts for family members, and this one was mine to keep!

It is currently hanging over our sofa in the living room.


I'm not sure what pattern I used to make the second wreath quilt.  Maybe someone will remember the maker.  It is hanging in our hall, making the main floor of our small house look really festive.

I wasn't as good at recording the information about the quilts I have made when I was first quilting.  I was always anxious to get to the next project.  At least I remembered to take pictures! 

I have a file on my computer for each year, and then number the projects as I complete them each year.  I have my final quilt for the year, (I think), in my sewing machine and have just begun the machine quilting!  The blocks were made using the "Easy Breezy" block designed by Bonnie Hunter for the annual leader and ender challenge.

Now I should hunt through my recipes, and find a holiday treat or two to make for just the two of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.